Our online facilities are ideal for cutting one-off documentaries, commercials, promos and corporate videos. And what’s more you get the services of one of Soho’s most experienced editors – with over 25 years in the business.
Why use DT Editing? Here are 3 good reasons:
Every creative project is different, so we offer a range of services to suit you:
- Editing retreats – You can wet hire our Avid/Premiere editing suite, which means you get Daren as your editor;
- Editing suite, dry hire – Perhaps you want to bring in your own production team or do the rough cut yourself?;
- Bringing in other editors – Got a big project on? Daren can draw on his extensive contacts in the business to get the job done on time;
We’re competitive and convenient
- 5 miles from Gatwick Airport – the Gatwick Express runs every 15 minutes from London Victoria;
- Closest train station Horley is just 35 mins into London Victoria;
- Free pick up and drop off from the train station;
- Excellent road links: en route from London to Brighton;
You can work in peace
Clear thinking is crucial for the perfect edit. You get to escape the madness of London for a few days while you immerse yourself in your creative vision.
Secluded location – The editing suite is in a timber-built barn in the grounds of a detached Victorian lodge. For a breather between edits, why not take a stroll through the woodland, or chill out in our acre of wild gardens?
Overnight stays – You’ll sleep tight in our guest bedroom. It’s in the main house and has stripped wooden floors and original Victorian features. Or for more privacy you can stay in the editing studio which has its own ensuite bathroom with power shower. There’s also a toaster, tea, coffee cappuccino maker, microwave, fridge and satellite TV with movie packages.
Editing Suite Hire – Offline/Online Editing Suite
DT Editing’s original edit suite was built by Soho’s finest. In summer 2007 the engineers from post-production house Clearcut Pictures installed the FCP/Avid suite. In April 2017 the edit suite underwent a total rehaul with Altered Images installing a 4K ready Avid & Premiere PC set up boasting a 32TB ExaSAN raid.
Our suite runs Avid Media Composer/ Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere) on an HPZ640 (PC) with the option to work on an older Intel Mac G5 Quad Xeon running FCP7 & FCPX if required. We have plenty of storage with over 40 terabytes to hand on our dedicated network.
Other benefits include:
- Reliable technology – Under our service contract, if the suite were ever to go down we would get same-day back up. Also, we are raid 6 protected which means if a drive goes down, your media is always backed up and we can still keep on editing.
- Fast rushes shuttling – Our great PCIE/ExaSAN connections mean we can shuttle rushes up and down quickly and reliably without crashing at full 4k resolution.
- Power Failure Back-Up – Our APC Smart-UPS has full power back up for 45 minutes, so if a power failure hits we can safely close down & save the project without damaging any media drives due to power spikes.
Viewing your final cut: 2 options
- On-site – You can watch the final cut on our 50″ 4K HD plasma screen with surround sound or our main grading monitor.
- Remotely via the web – You can view what Daren’s done via DT Editing’s FTP site.
- Web-ready videos – Want your video encoded to appear on a website? We can encode it into any format, from MPEGs to Flash files.
- DVD authoring – We can put your corporate video onto DVD, with multiple interactive menus. Choose from standard definition DVDs to HD Blu-ray.
For full technical details, view our Kit List page.